Sunday 11 July 2010

It's All About...

Today was the British Grand Prix. Quite a race at the best of times but today it seemed laced with not a small amount of hostility. I'm pleased with the result, Webber did great. Shame about Jensen only getting 4th but he did exceptionally to work his way up through the pack the way he did.

I'm not someone who follows a particular driver around. There are a couple of drivers that I like so I do look at how they're getting on but for me it's all about the team. I've been all for McLaren for around 22yrs now, regardless who drives for them or how well/badly their doing. I don't know why I chose McLaren, possibly because most of my peers were what we used to call "glory hunters" and changed allegiance depending on who was winning. Same with football, I've never been interested in Manchester United for exactly the same reason (and because I might be disowned if I did such a thing! LOL!)

As an ardent McLaren fan I have to make a confession. I totally and utterly cannot stand Lewis Hamilton. There, I've said it. He just winds me up and infuriates me so badly that I actually find myself hoping that he'll get a car fault at the start so he'd be immediately out. But then of course it would impact on the team points...Catch 22.

In the post-race press conference Hamilton actually had the nerve to say the following; "Even Jensen did a good job today." Arrogant little toad. Who does he think he is? Jensen is twice the person that Hamilton is and will ever be. How dare he!?


Rant over. Roll on Germany. It should be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post! Personally Micro RRD2 and I support Ferrari, but that is because my brother works for Shell and has always given any freebies to Micro 2 so we now feel an affiliation with them! Sadly they aren't doing quite so well this season! The rest of the RRD clan are not bothered either way with F1 but the other two micros have shown an interest in the world cup this year, yawn.......!!

    ReplyDelete