Sunday 11 July 2010

Is It An Anti-Climax?

So that's the World Cup over again, I only caught the last half hour of the game but even so, what a match. I'm very happy that Spain won but only because I had a fantasy bet of £7,000,000 on them so I'm now exceedingly imaginatively rich. I have to confess, I'm really not into the World Cup, I do enjoy watching a few of the games but I very much prefer club football.

Now all the flags will be taken down and the streets will go back to something resembling "normal".

But what of the people, the fans, the officials, the players and everyone for whom this football tournament provided distraction and solace from every day life? It might sound ridiculous but I wonder how many people will be sitting alone right now having watched the final who are thinking "what now".


That, perhaps, is the ultimate unanswerable question.



What now?

No comments:

Post a Comment